Verwirrende Olivetti Praxis

• Hello, I observed that Praxis 41 as well, but shipping costs to Germany was too high, 200 bucks.., so good that it arrived in good hands. Are your plastics rolls still Ok? Rewiring the print head drive is a challenging task. You need to be patient and it will not work on the first attempts. The first thing you need to do is to order a new wire because the one in the machine is too short to reinstall it. Try to read my description how I rewired my ET Compact 60 and try to understand how to do it. The most important tool is that bracket like the red one I used, and you also need a tooth pick or something similar which you stick into the hole of the motor roll where the wire passes through, the tooth pick is to block the wire in the hole that it can not glide in or out. And then wrap it with the help of the bracket, lead it arround the roles at the printer frame, lead it arround the roles of the print head plate, and so on. The principal of how to lead the wire you can see in this first picture.

1ST1

• Proof that it can be done. :) This is the Underwood 3500 (which I believe is a rebrand of the Praxis 35), with its tangled cloth wire removed, straightened, re-spooled and re-tensioned. I'll get to the braided steel wire on the Praxis 40/41 next!

• It took me MUCH longer to fix the metal filament on the Praxis 41, but I finally conquered it last night. I found it easiest to take the spool off and wrap both sides at the same time, then I used some heavy-duty clear tape i had on hand (helicopter tape / Gorilla tape, but for all I know regular packing tape would've worked too) to hold both edges in place. then I was able to easily mount the spool, run and affix the wire on both sides, and then remove the tape before carefully loosening one side to further tension it.

I wound up buying this 0.6mm braided wire on Amazon (the 0.8mm just wasn't flexible enough and was perhaps too wide for the spool's grooves): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V3S947N ("BENECREAT 120-Feet 0.024inch (0.6mm) 7-Strand Bead String Wire Nylon Coated Stainless Steel Wire for Necklace Bracelet Beading Craft Work")

The keyboard (with its Olivetti stock RS232 adapter!) still doesn't work aside from the red power LED (the 41 works if I swap in a keyboard from a Praxis 40 to test!), but, one step at a time.

• Hallo, ich habe eine Frage zur Praxis100: Nachdem das Gerät seitlich angeschalten wird, tippt die Maschine ohne weitere Bedienung auf der Stelle, der Schlitten bewegt sich nicht nach rechts und die Farbspule wird auch nicht weitergedreht. Ich finde das Problem leider nicht.

• Ich müsste auch erst nachsehen, ob diese Maschinen-Generation so eine Transportsperre hat. Kannst du denn den Druckkopf von Hand verschieben? Aber wenn ich oben die Fehlerbeschreibung noch mal lese, schlägt die Maschine auch Zeichen aufs Papier oder die Walze, ich verstehe das "tippt die Maschine ohne weitere Bedienung auf der Stelle" nicht so richtig als Fehlerbeschreibung.

1ST1

• Erstmal danke für die schnelle Rückmeldung.
    Eine Transportsperre konnte ich nicht ausfündig machen.
    Nachdem die Maschine an den Strom angeschlossen wurde, der seitliche Schalter umgelegt wurde, schlägt die Maschine durch das Farbband auf eine dahinterliegende, durchsichtige Kunststoffscheibe. Der Druckkopf ist nicht verschiebbar, weder manuell, noch habe ich keine Bedienung dazu gefunden.
    Leider kenne ich micht nicht damit aus und meine Eltern haben die Maschine noch hier und wollten sie ausprobieren.
    Dass sich bis zu 60 Zeichen gemerkt werden konnte ich herausfinden, allerdings sind das weit mehr als 60 Anschläge die die Maschine tippen möchte.