UIDE Universal IDE adapter

• Aus dem newsnet...

Betreff: uIDE generic Z80 IDE solution - I should have announced this ages ago!
    Datum: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 03:27:57 -0700 (PDT)
    Von: dr_zee@ntlworld.com
    Newsgruppen: comp.os.cpm

Hi

Some time ago I designed a universal Z80 IDE card called uIDE and wrote some drivers for it for the Amstrad PCW 8256. It connects to the host computer via a Z80 shim and can be configured via jumpers to any I/O base address (it needs 8 consecutive I/O addresses). It's a very simple design, meant to be easy and low cost to build. There's a driver suite for the Amstrad machine, but I also have drivers for a similar device that runs on a TRS-80 Model II under Lifeboat CP/M. The next driver project will be the Superbrain, when I get round to it.

Here's a link:

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.ph…_cards_for_Z-80_computers
    I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I have red boards and Z80 shims available, as well as the uIDE-16 boards which were designed for the Amstrad 6128 (which uses 16 bit I/O addressing via out(c),a an instruction that should really be out(bc),a - but I digress).

The point is that it was meant to be "universal" by means of fitting to the processor socket, so I can see it working in a lot of CP/M machines out there, not just the Amstrad ones. So if you fancy upgrading your CP/M box, this might be the solution to the hardware side of things.

Cheers
    JonB

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

fritz