DOS Packet driver vor Compaq Thunderlan on Board 10 Base-T Network Adapter

• Hi,

I still got an old Pentum I 133 (or 166 MHz? Compaq Deskpro which I would like to use with DOS, but I am absolutely unable to find any packet drivers for the on board nic :(

Though, I have manged to find the datasheet for the chip:

TNETE100APCM pdf, TNETE100APCM Description, TNETE100APCM Datasheet, TNETE100APCM view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

Despite it could be capable of 100 MBit in my device its only 10 MBit (and has also an AUI Port as well)

It has the nickname "Thunderlan" an in the linix kernel the module is called tlan.

On many (if not all) MS-DOS packet driver sites it is maybe mentioned, but there is nothing to download.

Maybe those are nonexistent, since a Pentium is already a couple of years past the MS-DOS haydays

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Ford Prefect

• I have the same board in a Dolch lunchbox PC and was looking for a Crynwr packet driver as well a while ago. I could find some dubious references to extinct web sites and downloads, but even extensive search on archive.org couldn't come up with something tangible. There seems to be support for Windows, NT, and Linux - even OS/2, but no, I don't think a DOS packet driver exists for this board (but would be happy to be convinced otherwise).

The Thunderlan boards were professional high-end boards that entered the market when DOS was already going downhills and weren't very common in the amateur world that produced and used such drivers.

In the end, I replaed it with a much more sociable 3Com board.

• I did that too.... but I think its a bummer to power another nic in the device....

The only "hint" I was able to find was on the page "http://packetdriversdos.net/"

At least the Thunderlan devices were called "Compaq Netelligent" somehow those times....

CPQNF3.COM

Compaq Netelligent NetFlex-3 MLID v2.43 (980402)

But since I didn't find any Download of this, I could not try yet....

at least "https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19455-01/806-2602/6jbqcvtl4/index.html" there is the funny combination about 10BaseT and 100BaseVG-Any mentioned - whicht does not seem to be a regular intel e10 or e100 card at all - smells more like a Thunderlan TI Chipset

Cheers.

Ford