Sampling

• Who can tell me more about sampling ?

I want to know all about .mod convertion and .mod format...

Thanx to answer me...

Cpc+ Mario is coming soon...

AsT / Impact.

• Hy, i have played with both Trackers. The one from Crown (Protracker) and the one from Prodatron (Digitracker).
    Both have only 3 cannels of course. With both you can mix 1 Channel to another, to convert the 4 Channel Mods to a 3 Channel one. (But this is not perfect, so you loose much of the quality. Better get 3 Channel Mods or convert them on another platform to a 3 Channel Mod.
    The Digitracker can only handle 16 Samples (F-Hex). Normally this is enough, but a few mods have more than 16. Then you can edit the Mods on another platform that they just need 16 Samples, and convert them later on the CPC. Otherwise you wont get them to work in the Trackers mentioned above.
    With the Digitracker you can convert samples too. So you can collect all your favorite samples convert them and make your own Mods on CPC.
    You can convert Crown-Protracker Tunes to Digitracker Tunes as well.
    And in the End, the Digitracker can create Binaries of the MDL-File (converted MOD), so that you can use them in your own programs.

The quality of the mods is still ok. (For 8Bit Samples of course ;) And the quality is even better if you not mix tracks when converting the Mods.
    I tired a few and get a good quality if i normalize the samples before converting.

When using MODs you have not many CPU-Time left for other things. (I tried and i didnt get a good performance :( But iam a totaly dumpass in coding :D

If you want to sample your own Instruments, you just need very short samples which have to be 8Bit. You can create your sample on other platforms and make same as small as possible. After that you can convert them with the Digitracker to use them in your own Mods.

ok, much writing, small informations, hope that helps
    bye
    Tolkin

Wie man in den Wald hineinschreit...

• Hi,

very good description by Tolkin!
    Btw, indeed there is NO CPU time left, when playing MDLs/MODs on the CPC, but you can "steal" some time during the interrupts to make some small additional things. This will decrease the quality, especially for MDLs with high notes, so you should only use deep-sounding music. The first part of the Digital Orgasm demo shows, that it's possible to do additional things, and here I choosed a very deep-sounding module.

CU,
    Prodatron

PS: Ast, nice to see you here :)

• Sampling on the CPC

Hi AsT,

I am sampeling with ConvWav.
    Don't remember the origin of this file... was it written by Demoniak?
    Sorry, I forgot.
    But I uploaded it to my server:

Download ConvWav

Greetings, Markus

• Hi kanga ! Nice to meet you here too :) Don't worry about my Mario Clone on Pc, But I've made a break to make a new Demo on Cpc+ called Synergy... Before that, the projet will restart of course... Thanx for all the good musics you make me ... I'm very angry to know you can't come at CC4 meeting... But we'll meet you probably a next time...

Hi Prodatron... I'll be very surprised to find you here ! I'll Think you quited the cpc scene for pc...

My question was how can i do to make a sample convertion (wav format for example) for cpc+.... Coz' I'll use the Dma of Cpc+ witch are really powerfull and don't use machine time... Can you help me in my quest ?
    What is the method you used to convert it ? If you are more technicals explanations to follow, i'll be very happy ! Show me the real way to convert wav pc format to psg cpc format... thanx ;)

Hi Markus ! Nice to meet you here too... ConvWav was made by Demoniak ! But I want to know how it's working... that's all !

So, let's go... I'm waiting for news from all of you !

Cpc+ Mario is coming soon...

AsT / Impact.