Beiträge von Luigi

Good morning to all,

I’m leaving in Milan and I have @home a MAEL 4000 CPU + KBD.

It's a "long" story but I was a service engineer at SAGA (MAEL IT distributor).

Years after that experience (I was in AMPEX at that time) I've found an abandoned 4000 – I’ve asked for, and they gave it for free.

Years are gone, but I’ve kept the 4000 with me. On those “strange” days (COVID), forced stay @home I’ve tried to light up it again (of course with a VARIAC etc).

Unlucky isn’t working any more. Is doing something (basically some step when hit SST command), but the central nixie isn’t showing something “useful”. I’ve checked the tension I’ve found on CPU (+5, +12) and on KBD, and if I’m not wrong all are OK.

I have the user manual (the list of command explained in IT) but I don’t remember the functions of many boards. Especially where are the principals registers (R00, RIJ, R Output).

I suspect the 4000 is an “extension” of IME 86, and I’m studying the schematics principle of this desk calculator, but both machines are just far away each other, so is difficult to arrive @some point

I would like give the machine in working condition to some Computer Museum. Could anyone give me a help? Even just the schematics principle, ore any kind of helps or ideas to proceed.

Many thanks for the attention

Ciao Luigi

PS – my email

Luigi dot seccia at gmail dot com