Beiträge von CBM_Ba

Objektophile Plotterjünger!

Heute habe ich es endlich geschafft, passende Adapter für Kugelschreiberminen zu konstruieren + drucken:

Die Ergebnisse sind wirklich super, seht hier das Bild von konnexus :

Bevor sich jemand erzürnt- die "Verluste" kommen von der Umwandlung des fotografierten Plakates meiner Tür -> Inkscape *.SVG -> Inkscape *.HPGL. Dafür kann man schon gut erkennen, was es war. :)

Dann fällt die Buntstiftwechslerei endlich weg- wobei BUNT schon der Idealfall wäre:

Vielleicht finde ich mal Stifte mit 45mm Länge- oder welche, die man leicht und ohne Sauerei kürzen kann.

Bis dahin wurstle ich mich eben so durch und suche weiterhin Motive des kompletten Wahnsinns, um euch zu erquicken.

Frohes Künstlern,

der Plotterprinz

OK - I have had to look at the HR-40B version and recompile for the 9inch using the disassembly listing. I really hope this works now.

Andy

hr-40b4.bin.zip

Nope, no success. :(

I can type in SYS 59650,5- but I wondered why there was no pixels.

After SYS 59650,C -> freeze.

But it seems it is a little bit better, because ,5 or ,1 never stops the PET. Drawing not possible (also freeze).

Hi Andy!

You don't have to be sorry- your work and all the effort is really great!

For your Basic 4 HR40 Editor I have to say: Meeep, not working. Startup is ok, but SYS 59650,C or any other commands in this direction -> PET freezes. :(

Rosa Röckchen an Männern sind ned so ganz mein Thema. ;)

Nene, mir sind gemütliche Sessions mit Fokus auf Technik, Erhalt und Originalität lieber.

Wenn ich feiern will, geht es in eine komplett andere Richtung… gute elektronische Musik fernab jeglichen Mainstreams, Cocktails, Sonne (oder RICHTIG fertiger Underground Club), etc… da brauchts dann keine Nerds mit Computer. :D

Ned falsch verstehen- des hat freilich alles seine Berechtigung! Ich bin ja selbst liebend gern der Nerd.

Frohes Feiern, werte Freaks! 🤪

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS?!!???!!!! 😍

Pictures say more than words:

IC3 old, IC2 new:

IC2 old, IC3 new:

Both 74LS00 from Reichelt (brand new , chiptester said OK) replaced:

Conclusion:

- all 6116 defect -> replaced, drawing possible, but green screen and wrong position on screen

- basic 4 replaced, basic 2 inserted -> still green screen at startup, drawing perfectly fine

- both 74LS00N replaced -> startup ok, drawing ok!

Unfreaking believeable!?

Now waiting for correct Basic 4 Editor EPROM, and everything will come to a good end. :)

Das Netzteil geht definitiv früher oder später hoch, wenn da noch die Rifa Kondensatoren drin sind. 100%.

Ansonsten sind bei mir auch zwei TA Walkstations (das sind quasi diese Dinger) durch defekte Akkus zerstört worden.

So, zur Beruhigung meines verstörten Gemüts habe ich heute ein weiteres Motiv aus den ewigen Jagdgründen des Worldwide Web herausgezwirbelt, mittels mannigfaltigem Hokuspokus umgewandelt und auf dem 8032 + 7470 rausgeschossen:

So seht die wundersamen Linien an, welche sich zu kleinen Klötzchen manifestieren, um in Summe ein mehrdimensionales Feuerwerk der Rezeptoren zu zünden!

Das kann man doch nachprogrammieren. Bildschirm auslesen und auf den Drucker geben.

Hab ich damals für meine MDG-Board auch selber programmieren müssen.

Schon, aber ich kann’s maximal in Basic- und das ist LAAAAAAANGSAM.

Wollte ich ja auch schon für die HSG machen- aber die liebe Zeit. :(

Drawing works, I used my DB HPGL Reader and changed "!LINE x1,y1 to x2,y2" to "SYS 59650,SL,x1,y1,x2,y2" and here we go:

Only the inverted screen at startup and basic 4 incompatibility remains.

AND another sad story: HR40 3022/4022 screendump is a loadable program! But we do not have it, from what I could see. :(

So no Hardcopys on the good old printers. :(

if you put in the original character rom - do you get a normal boot screen (inverted screen) ?

I just pulled the Char rom from the board and read the 2716 eprom - attached here but identical to what I posted previously

supersoft9inchcr.bin.zip

Hi Andy,

I tried the original MOS Char-ROM. Same behaviour @startup (green screen, black cursor).

When I type 59650,5 and ,C the screen stays inverted (green background, black text), but other than that -> exactly the same. So CHAR EPROM should also be ok and not the problem. :(

I really don't know - its as if the character rom is not seen until the board is activated.

Mine was correct from the start. Can you sweep out the IC's with different ones to see if that has an effect ?

I will try to sweep all the 74LS logic and try again, yes.

So crazy, really. :(

AndyG

Cap didn't change green screen problem.

When inserting the original CHAR ROM, behaviour is identical except inverted screen AFTER SYS59650,5.

Before (startup): Still green screen, black cursor- so NO inverting @startup!

What could cause that problem? Should be the only remaining one (ok, and it would be nice if it could work with basic 4).

AndyG

I tried your Basic2 ROM- AND NOW DRAWING IS FINE! :love:

Still green screen at startup- but after SYS 59650,5 and 59650,C everything is fine:

So there must be a problem with the basic 4 implementation in your basic 4 version.

But that does not tell us, why there's still green everywhere. :D

Startup:

And lets go drawing:

Green screen... WHY? I don't think it's a problem with the 10-pin socket, since drawing is working now?

Aaaaah you are faster... :D

I try your list here first:

AndyG

Ok, I try to explain the situation at the moment:

- BASIC 2 isn't working (maybe because I didn't change the editor ROM in the card

- BASIC 4 is showing me green screen with black cursor, no matter which plugs/cables are plugged in

- Card is working somehow, but starts drawing in the middle of the screen, green screen can be corrected with 59650,5

- Sockets in mainboard are the white ones- EXCEPT EDITOR AND CHAR-ROM! I already changed them for the card to precision sockets

- 3032 is running completely normal if card is deinstalled

WHAT can cause the green screen? The plug to video ram? NOPE, because it's always green screen when card is plugged into mainboard only in editor/char-ROM sockets.

So I think the problem MUST BE the card itself or the data in editor EPROM?

*edit* You were faster:

Can you show us the BOM from your HR40 card? Maybe there is one part (IC) different?

I absolutely do not understand, why there is the green screen... it doesn't make sense, every part is soldered in correctly... :(

Had been thinking - try basic 2 as I may have missed something in converting to basic 4 though sure I tried it in the past. The PET booted normally no inverted screen etc.

Also make sure you have no EPROMs in the main pet motherboard at $9000 and $a000 … those should be plugged into the supersoft board.

Basic 2 didn't work at all- I think the white sockets could also be the problem. :(

What is your 3032 doing when you unplug the socket for editor ROM in the mainboard?

Why do I have green screen? Even unplugged everything except the board itself? :(

I DON'T GET IT. :(

Das teste ich, herzlichen Dank!

Ich bleib da immer hängen… liest sich einfach nicht flüssig. Die Forschenden, oder gerne auch Forscherinnen und Forscher- aber nicht dieser Doppelpunkt.

OT off. ;)

In jedem Fall wurde die Möglichkeit entfernt, Programme mit RUN/STOP beenden zu können.

Echt interessant, denn der Cursor reagiert noch, wenn man versucht, die unbeschriftete Taste plus RUN/STOP zu drücken.

Dieses typische Flackern, kennt ihr bestimmt.

Aber in Programmen: kein Abbruch möglich. Sonst hab ich keinen Unterschied feststellen können- aber dass muss nix heißen.