Beiträge von plore90

The compiler run "PROFOR Source file.for

or PROFOR 'enter' and

and he asks you for the name of the source file and then the various compilation options.

I tried it under Virtual DOS and Z80Emu and it works fine also on APPLE IIe with Z80 card and CPM 2.0, apart from the error it gives me when executing the instructions of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of two complex variables. Transcendental functions on complex variables work perfectly even in double precision!!!

I can't remember which website I downloaded it from, I can't find it anymore by doing various searches on google with prospero fortran compiler etc. etc. but i have the original downloaded and unzipped. I suspect that I simply renamed the files profor.cpm, profor2.cpm, prolink.cpm and prolib.cpm, i.e. all the files with the .cpm extension in .COM. Maybe there was another intermediate step to perform that I I don't know and for this reason the compiler is corrupted?. I found that the 22DISK software transforms a file from cp/m to DOS (with a utility that first changes the extension from .com cp/m to .CPM and then converts from .CPM to .COM dos and the file can run under DOS environment.So I think the owner who published the compiler put it on the web having partially transformed it with 22DISK into .CPM and then shared it on the web.But how can you get it back to .COM cpm without simply rename it like I did (and evidently corruptended the PROFOR.CPM file!!!)

This doesn't look like a compile error, but rather a runtime error of the compiler pass 2 itself (Prospero Fortran only prefixes run-time errors with letters).

Interesting...the error is repeated on all Z80 emulators (and also on the real and emulated AppleIIe...) what I don't understand is why only when I add, subtract, multiply and divide two complex variables, the exponentiation, square root, sine, cosine etc. etc. of a complex variable does not throw the error...

Only with the four mathematical operations +,-.*,/

Hi all, I moved the old thread to this section hoping for better luck.

I installed the Vdos emulator on my pc (Windows 10 pro 64b) and the Z80EMU emulator inside Vdos to have a CP/M-80 environment. It all works fine. I then created a directory C:\PROSPERO in Z80EMU and copied all the Prospero PRO Fortran v. compiler files. zz 1.2 (cp/m-80 version). I tried compiling various .FOR sources and everything worked fine. I then created a simple COMPLEX.FOR program where I defined 3 variables A, B, Z of type complex and then I made the simple sum Z=A+B and then printed the result. When I launch the PROFOR compiler COMPLEX.FOR appears after Pass 1 without errors, Pass2 which gives me "Error C at address 1D5F" Continue Y/N?. This happens only if in the program there are arithmetic operations (+,-,*,/) between complex variables, if in the program operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication or division are not performed between complex variables, but all the other mathematical operations and trigronometric functions on complex variables everything compiles fine. The error appears only if there are basic arithmetic operations. The same error appear on a real APPLE//e with CP/M card..Any help and suggestion is welcome from all.

Code
    If anyone could kindly provide a working copy of the Prospero fortran compiler under CP/M-80 I would be very grateful...

PROGRAM COMPLE

IMPLICIT REAL (A-H,O-Z)

COMPLEX A,B,Z

Z = (0.0, 0.0)

A = (3.5, 3.5)

B = (4.0, 5.0)

Z = B + A

WRITE(1,10) A, B, Z

10 FORMAT(1H ,2F11.3,2H ,2F11.3,2H ,2F11.3)

PAUSE

STOP

END

ProFort.rar

Hi all, I installed the Vdos emulator on my pc (Windows 10 pro 64b) and the Z80EMU emulator inside Vdos to have a CP/M-80 environment. It all works fine. I then created a directory C:\PROSPERO in Z80EMU and copied all the Prospero PRO Fortran v. compiler files. zz 1.2 (cp/m-80 version). I tried compiling various .FOR sources and everything worked fine. I then created a simple COMPLEX.FOR program where I defined 3 variables A, B, Z of type complex and then I made the simple sum Z=A+B and then printed the result. When I launch the PROFOR compiler COMPLEX.FOR appears after Pass 1 without errors, Pass2 which gives me "Error C at address 1D5F" Continue Y/N?. This happens only if in the program there are arithmetic operations (+,-,*,/) between complex variables, if in the program operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication or division are not performed between complex variables, but all the other mathematical operations and trigronometric functions on complex variables everything compiles fine. The error appears only if there are basic arithmetic operations. The same error appear on a real APPLE//e with CP/M card...forum.classic-computing.de/index.php?attachment/148302/forum.classic-computing.de/index.php?attachment/148302/Prospero ProFortran.zipforum.classic-computing.de/index.php?attachment/148302/Any help and suggestion is welcome from all.

PROGRAM COMPLE

IMPLICIT REAL (A-H,O-Z)

COMPLEX A,B,Z

Z = (0.0, 0.0)

A = (3.5, 3.5)

B = (4.0, 5.0)

Z = B + A

WRITE(1,10) A, B, Z

10 FORMAT(1H ,2F11.3,2H ,2F11.3,2H ,2F11.3)

PAUSE

STOP

END

Hello everyone,
    after much research on the internet I could not find a decent Text-Editor to create program source that can work in CP/M-80 environment on AppleIIe with z-80 card.
    The ones I have found are not compatible with the Apple II/IIe z-80 card control character's. Of course I'm talking about Full Screen non Command Line Text Editor. Can someone kindly show me one or even better where I can download it via the web?
    The source program to be edited is in Microsoft CP/M Fortran-80 Fortran language.
    Thanks in advance and a cordial greeting to all !!!

Paolo

Thanks for the answers, it arrived without cable, I have doubts that it is a printer controller because there is already a parallel Grappler + printer card with cable. There is also a super serial card and a floppy disk interface 1 and 2 with two floppy disk drives. I will try to read the eprom to understand which device was originally connected. On the eprom, "Cgate 4-16-82" is handwritten on the label.

Hello everyone,

today I finally got the APPLE IIe I had bought. Inside among the other cards (Super serial card, 80 columns, etc.) there was this card that I could not understand what type of card it is. On the pcb there is written A CONTROLLER ADAPTER and the connector is a 20 pins. Anyone know what kind of card it is and what it can do? Documentation?. Thanks everyone for the help.

When it comes first I will have to change the power supply us AA 11040B 115V to 230V and check the whole system with the two DISK drivers] [. Then if all is well I will use the AsciiExpress.net site to create the system diskettes. I'll keep you up-to-date:)

Mein erster APPLE IIe (NTSC) mit zwei DRIVE diskII kommt aus den USA. Ich wollte APPLE Fortran basierend auf dem Betriebssystem UCSD Pascal verwenden. Ich habe gelesen, dass dieses APPLE Pascal-Betriebssystem für die Arbeit mit APPLE II und APPLE II + die Installation der Sprachkarte erfordert. Muss ich es auch auf APPLE IIe installieren oder wird es nicht benötigt? Entschuldigung, ich spreche kein Deutsch und helfe mir mit Google Übersetzer ...