Beiträge von AsT

i would like to know more about digidrum, how did it work, how can i made my own one ? all you know about this subject will be welcomed...

Hi Tolkin,

Maybe the Dma timers are a little bit differents when you connect a RamBox or a RomRamBox... I don't know why, but I'm sure the timer are differents !

Using a Ramcard don't move any Dma timers... That's a better way, I think... :D

Wait for the next Winape version for the best ;)

Hi Tolkin

You speak about "bad tone" when an expansion is connected on the CpcPlus ? I didn't know this problem...

At home, the song is the same with or without my ramcard connected or not...

To understand what you're writting, do you run it on a real Cpc Plus machine ? or only run it on WinApe ?

Zitat von "Prodatron"

Really very cool idea to use the DMA for making SID-like waveforms! It should be like the small so-called "Chip-Sound" Amiga-MOD files, is it?
    But here I can also imagine, that Richard could have some timing-problems with the DMA, as replaying such very short samples in an exact way could be difficult... But I don't know...?
    Yes, I have to hear it on a real CPC+! Or maybe someone can already make a MP3?? :P

CU,
    Prodatron

It's really the only way using Dma for SiD emulation without using many machine time... ;)

I think you're right when you told about timing problems with the Dma... I hope he can modify that for a better way....

You can ear the music at Kangaroo's home... He has got a Cpc+ ! So try it et ear it really !

Tolkin : Happy to know that you can ear this piece of music... I work hardly and hardly to make it better, each day.... (1 mounth of hard coding to find a correct way!)
    As you write, the sound is 100 Miles better than on Emu... It's normal, coz Emu is Emu!

@Vilain : Yes, you're right... The sound iz really death on WinApe... Richard doesn't find why, coz on real Cpc+, this sound rings Great !
    Concerning, the Video, I don't think it's a good idea for the moment, because the Meeting Dvd is not ready yet so, you must wait for any YouTube Video convertion... Sorry !

Markus : I'll send you Synergy today...

Tolkin : Thanks for all your good words... Synergy tooks me many hour of "hard" coding... All you have to know is that i quit the cpc scene since 1995 so it was not esay to me to make a good comeback and i'm so happy to see your good comments about that... Have you ear the song on a real Cpc+ ? Did you love it ?

Prodatron : Thanks for your comments... It's very important to me to know people like you (all of you!) like my work...
    To answer your question, yes, the balls are all hardware sprites.. Concerning the wobblingbars, it's still hardware sprite, using 1 hardware sprite line, and the same technics as the split line to line...
    This computer is really fantastic... Many and many things are possible...
    Concerning the sound, yes, i use Dma Sound to make this crazy Sid Sound, for the first time, on Cpc+... Please try this demo on a real Cpc+ and i think you'll be really surprised about this song...

In a last post, you tell me about line splitting effets... Can you tell me where i can find them ? to see it, of course...

That's all for today ! Have a good fun !

Please write some words about the demo about what you think after seeing it... And don't spread it... Only friends ;)

The Meeting Dvd iz not ready so...

As I see, the Croco Meeting 4 Dvd isn't out today... and Synergy is ready since 3 months...

So for all people interesting in Synergy Demo, write me your email adress then i'll send it to you...

Have a good fun !

Tolkin,

It's a real SiD Tune coming from ST by the great Scavenger... But as you could know it's not a real SiD Tune...Only C64 can do it :)

This Music is nearby the ST version and, as was saying Longshot in revolog, is exactely the same as ST !

I think you'll be surprised by the "great song" yet :)

Prodatron,

to answer your question, I used a new technic called RLMB (Multi Bloc Line Splitting)... It's aproximatively the same technics like Overflow 3 (S&koH - Rvi) but, it will only runs on Cpc+, because, it needs Asic registers to work....

In fact, I can split each line of a screen ;) ... Synergy Demo only uses 32Kb of Video Ram....

When I speak about each line of a screen, i would tell you all lines like #c000 (line 0), #c800 (line 1), #d000 (line 2).... etc...

I'm interrested in Msx Demos... and especially in splitting effets ideas... so... tell me more about that :)

How did you feel this demo, prodatron ?!?

Have a nice night !

Thanx for your encouragements...
    This demo will be presented in a special pack on Dvd Support realised at Croco Meeting 4...

Some specials details about Synergy :

-Cpc+ Only !
    -More 64 colors
    -The first real SiD music on Cpc+ using Dma Channel
    -24 Hard Sprites Displayed on the same screen
    -Pixel Hard Scroll
    -New Hardware technic called "RLMB" witch can only be used on Cpc+... This technics is nearby the "RVI" by Overflow but allowed you to display a full sprite on the screen ;)

That's all ?!? Be ready for Synergy !

I hope you'll enjoy this demo...
    :D

The size of your example makes me.... how can i say ?

Great work ! I hope I will find the best way to code my 3D effects...

Who can tell me about 3D vector ? I want to know all calcul we have to do to move vector ballz ;)

Prodatron, I know this is one of your specialities... I need your help !

So, enter in sprite's world :

The most simply method is :

I Hope I could help you in your quest... For more explanation... ask me ![/code]