Beiträge von ard

hätte Interesse an dem Archive mit Controller, zur not auch nur den Controller. (Streamer habe ich noch)

Damit könnte ich dann endlich auch QIC24 schreiben. Ich habe leider bisher noch kein SCSI streamer gefunden der auch QIC24 schreiben kann.

found an old thread created in 2012 by do9brx regarding a MAI Basic Four S10 that he was not able to get up and running.

I have such system as well, see Pictures from my S10.

The machine was manufactured by Direct Inc (Direct model OA1000) and sold by MAI Basic Four.

There were 3 different releases of that machine and each machine requires different CP/M and BB/M versions:

Phase 1A Hardware (also called original Phase)

Serial Numbers xx 00001 to xx 9999, Note xx = 2 alphabetical characters that changed monthly. Uses BB/M level 9.0 or 9.1.

Phase 1B Hardware (also called new style Phase)

Serial Numbers CE 401000 to 499999. Uses BB/M level 9.0B, 9.1B, or 9.2A.

Phase 2 Hardware

Serial Numbers CE 500000 to CE 599999. Uses BB/M level 9.2B or 9.2D.

My machine (at least from the serial numbers, dont know if the boards are the original ones) is a Phase 2. But it could be that i have a floppy controller board from 1B.

Anyone having such a machine or having CP/M or BB/M bootdisks that i could try ? I would like to test other BB/M versions or want to compare the disk controller with a working one to make sure i have the correct version.

Thanks

Armin

http://basicfour.de