Beiträge von stefano

The MBASIC files collection.

This is the extra stuff I picked around the WEB:

Apparently I miss the following ones:

5.03 548E0A51 BASIC Rev. 5.03 [CP/M Version] Copyright 1977, 78, 79 (C) by Microsoft Created: 21-Aug-79

5.03 2CD92C0F BASIC Rev. 5.03 [CP/M Version] Copyright 1977, 78, 79 (C) by Microsoft Created: 21-Aug-79

5.03 55FB287D BASIC Rev. 5.03 [CP/M Version] Copyright 1977, 78, 79 (C) by Microsoft Created: 21-Aug-79

5.1 C2015951 BASIC Rev. 5.1 [CP/M Version] Copyright 1977, 78, 79, 80 (C) by Microsoft Created: 14-Jan-80

5.21 01F74FCF BASIC-80 Rev. 5.21 [CP/M Version] Copyright 1977-1981 (C) by Microsoft Created: 28-Jul-81

By the way, to be 100% sure we should pass them through my "basck" tool, (it is part of the z88dk kit).

basck discovers the main entry point and list the functions of a Microsoft BASIC (as well as other BASIC implementations) and allows a fine grain comparison.

E.G. the BIC A5105 Basic is mostly identical to the more common BASIC 5.20 released on 14-Jul-80.

It is probably obvious, but I got your similar results myself.

I have my own Z80 mnemonics translator (AWK based), but I mixed the results of such translation with the Skoolkit disassembler output to get a byte-identical version of the MBASIC 5.20 comparing to a random sample COM file.

Then I translated it to 5.22 later version by shuffling the code block properly (the main differences between the different binary files are consequence of the linking order), and played a lot with the resulting program, even getting a ZX Spectrum +3 version capable of playing sounds and supporting most of the graphics extensions (basing on the way Microsoft did it on the MSX for graphics and the Philips VG-5000 for sounds).

techdocs/targets/cpm/mbasic.asm at master · z88dk/techdocs (github.com)

I have my own collection of MBASIC versions, I might be missing some of the ones you listed.

I got some file you miss, though. E.g. I found another 4.51 variant for the Vector Graphics.

Are the files you listed in "MBAS526_IMD_RAW.zip" ?

Considering we have an empty section here I thought to use it to announce the extension of the z88dk libraries.

It is now possible to use the different terminal sequences in your code, the libraries will convert them for you.

Moreover I put in a very basic (=slow and incomplete) support to run graphics.

During the code development I was in touch with the MESS team which helped in improving the emulation (the BW picture is from an older MESS version).