Beiträge von aotta

Ciao aotta, davvero un ottimo lavoro :pollice:

Per il tuo PCB attuale, è questo il posizionamento corretto per il connettore IDC a 50 pin?

[attach='185928','nessuno','vero'][/attach]

Yes, that's how i (re) soldered the 50ways connector, since i didn't consider that the flat cable i used switched upper pins with lower.. i don't know if the original fd1 cable did the same

I don't know why the fdc9266 version doesn't work, but i got working the original version, after "flipping" the 50 pin bus cable!

Working files and gerber are on my github repository.

I did some progress with my custom FDD replica, i realized that my biggest mistake was the bus pinout, i didn't take note that cable swap up/down the signals odd with even!!

anyway, i went no far... i got an error on boot with dsk images (*boot boot boot...) and a "bad sector" with hfe images.

I don't know if it's something related to the images or not, i used the ones posted in this forum for the gotek as second drive.

I haven't a real floppy to test with, but i'm pretty sure the issue is in the logic that activate the FDC controller.

I found another error in the schematic (it missed the IC112 pin 1,2 and 3, IC109b in felge1966's schema, it wasn't "spare" after all! ;).

But i soldered some flying wires to correct the schema, without progress: i noticed that when i press a key in TA the /CS line of the upd765A go down, and floppy led flashes, and that seems a bad symptom to me

I red with great interest all your projects here and made a FDC "replica" board, i only did some minor changes to the felge1966's version, adding some missing values and using the same components ID than the original schemas.

I build the board and tested, but i got only some flashes from gotek at startup and reset, but the floppy seems not detected (the D765 gets the ready signal, but never poll the "seek" at pin 39).

Did someone build the FDC and got a working one?

The version i built is here: https://github.com/aotta/TA8-FDC

and that's the PCB:

I'll continue testing anyway and keep the forum aligned.

Thank you all in advance!