Pi Pico auf einer ISA-Karte (Pi Pico on an ISA Board) - PicoMEM - kennt das jemand?

• Hi,

I see you agree with me :)

There is no need to add 4 IRQ when one is enaugh.

The Board will do what almost no other board is doing, but I don't think there is any rule saying : An ISA Board can't do this.

ISA Board with Dual port RAM exist, ISA Board with co processor exist and so on...

My Board is there to simplify the life of retro enthousiast.

When I see lot of person asking for Help to install a simple XTIDE.... I think I am doing the right thing.

• Hi FreddyV , nice to see your contributions also here.

For me and I guess, not only for me, the question is what can I do with this card. Yes, there are many ideas, many possibilities for an implementation, but not all here will be able to write their driver software for themselves/for all other.

So, like always, it depends that someone will implement also driver software for it, not only EMS driver (which will be welcome, too) but also for an emulation of other storage devices. If the board does not emulate a XT-IDE controller, that will be fine, if any kind of an other mass storage will be usable, e.g. similar to the SD-card drivers for the Atari ST SD card devices for example. Only a fraction of existing original software are really accessing hardware in a "low level" way, most of the existing software rely on a BIOS or on software drivers. So I will be happy about other but already implemented purposes for this promising piece of hardware and waiting for your annoucements...

"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Stephen Covey

Webseite und Blog ist immer noch - seit fast 20 Jahren - online.

• Hi,

Sorry but I don't really understand what you mean.

For floppy and disk, there is no need for a driver the board emulate ROM, has its bios that implement the bios standard functions.

For the EMS, it is compatible with LTEMM, so use the same driver.

For mouse, i will provide a modified CTMouse.

If I add network it will be ne2000 compatible.

For usb joystick, hardware compatibility.

Usb keyboard, its bios can directly add the Keys in the buffer.

And so on.....

For not existing functions, it will be to simplify the life of people developping software on old PC.

It is not like the opl3lpt needing to mofify all the games.

Regarding compatibility, it will not support floppy copy protected games, but all are cracker

Application accessing disk and floppy directly are disk copier, didk utility that nobody need to use with a board like this.