Things to do during Summer

• Greetings!

I'm trying to set an schedule for this Summer. There's a lot of things to do and I'd want to do as much as I could (I've drawn a lot since November, and a large number of my drawings are P2 related). So there are my objectives for the next two months:

#1: Put an end to Project "Elephant"

Finishing design, order and test prototypes. I may also do a second wire-wrap test. If tested and working, then we'd talk about production batches for anybody interested in.

#2: Set a proper development environment

I'd like to acquire a third unit, one without case as my Italian P2 gets damaged every time I open it. I have a hand-drawn circuit of a software-triggered hardware breakpoint that I could build in order to test both hardware and software.

#3: Start a second project, "Shakuhachi"

In December I found some old but very interesting schematics from late 70s and I'd like to adapt them. The schematics are those of the ALF MC-16 sound card. I have a 8253 gathering dust at home so I may take it for a few tests. There are, however a pair of problems there. I have never worked with audio related stuff, DACs or opamps and I know that some of the components aren't made anymore (like the DAC76 or the 74LS324). If I wanted to adapt the attached diagram to use DAC800, what changes should be made? What opamp (currently produced) would you recommend?

Thank you very much

Jaume

When I tried to list all retro systems I have at home, the "The message is too long, must be under 500 characters" error appears! :lol: