Synergy Demo - CPC+

• Thanx for your encouragements...
    This demo will be presented in a special pack on Dvd Support realised at Croco Meeting 4...

Some specials details about Synergy :

-Cpc+ Only !
    -More 64 colors
    -The first real SiD music on Cpc+ using Dma Channel
    -24 Hard Sprites Displayed on the same screen
    -Pixel Hard Scroll
    -New Hardware technic called "RLMB" witch can only be used on Cpc+... This technics is nearby the "RVI" by Overflow but allowed you to display a full sprite on the screen ;)

That's all ?!? Be ready for Synergy !

I hope you'll enjoy this demo...
    :D

Cpc+ Mario is coming soon...

AsT / Impact.

• Thanks Villain... Just be patient ;) and you could discover it !

AsT / Impact.

• Cool line splitting with full vram addressing effect! Is this Plus specific or like in Overflow 3?
    Btw, I should show you some MSX demos for some other interesting line splitting effect ideas, if you are able to address enough VRAM.

CU,
    Prodatron

• Prodatron,

to answer your question, I used a new technic called RLMB (Multi Bloc Line Splitting)... It's aproximatively the same technics like Overflow 3 (S&koH - Rvi) but, it will only runs on Cpc+, because, it needs Asic registers to work....

In fact, I can split each line of a screen ;) ... Synergy Demo only uses 32Kb of Video Ram....

When I speak about each line of a screen, i would tell you all lines like #c000 (line 0), #c800 (line 1), #d000 (line 2).... etc...

I'm interrested in Msx Demos... and especially in splitting effets ideas... so... tell me more about that :)

How did you feel this demo, prodatron ?!?

Have a nice night !

AsT / Impact.

• Tolkin,

It's a real SiD Tune coming from ST by the great Scavenger... But as you could know it's not a real SiD Tune...Only C64 can do it :)

This Music is nearby the ST version and, as was saying Longshot in revolog, is exactely the same as ST !

I think you'll be surprised by the "great song" yet :)

AsT / Impact.

• As I see, the Croco Meeting 4 Dvd isn't out today... and Synergy is ready since 3 months...

So for all people interesting in Synergy Demo, write me your email adress then i'll send it to you...

Have a good fun !

AsT / Impact.

• Octoate : Sorry but i don't know when the meeting Dvd will come out !

So if you're interesting in my Synergy Demo you could give me your email adress...

Tolkin : Give me a working mail adress...

AsT / Impact.

• Please write some words about the demo about what you think after seeing it... And don't spread it... Only friends ;)

The Meeting Dvd iz not ready so...

AsT / Impact.

• The last version of Winape Allows you to run Synergy but the sound rings like a big shit...

Have a good fun :)

AsT / Impact.

• Please send me a DSK of the demo.
    cpc-live[at]devilmarkus.de
    merci.

• Zitat von "AsT"

The last version of Winape Allows you to run Synergy but the sound rings like a big shit...

Have a good fun :)

Without sound it´s probably not half as cool as it could be, right? Maybe somebody could make a video (like with Sappy) and upload it to Youtube or something similar...

• Hy Ast,
    this little piece of stuff IS really cool!
    I was sitting about half an hour in front of my Screen looking for the pixels of the eyes and the other GFX.
    It looks very good and impressed me much!
    Nice, nice, nice...
    So it shows that the Plus have more to offer than many people think.
    With deep respect
    Tolkin :P

Wie man in den Wald hineinschreit...

• This is (one of?) the best CPC Plus specific demo parts I ever saw!
    Currently I have no idea how you did the upper part of the screen with the wobbling bars??
    Are the balls all hardware sprites? So is it possible to display them even in front of a hardware line splitting area??
    Congratulation for this mind-blowing comeback! I hope to see more from you in the future again! :P

CU,
    Prodatron

PS: Tolkin, is the sound on a real machine better than in WinApe? If yes, please make a video :P As Villain said, it sounds a little bit corrupted. AsT: Do you use DMA-Sound?

• @Vilain : Yes, you're right... The sound iz really death on WinApe... Richard doesn't find why, coz on real Cpc+, this sound rings Great !
    Concerning, the Video, I don't think it's a good idea for the moment, because the Meeting Dvd is not ready yet so, you must wait for any YouTube Video convertion... Sorry !

Markus : I'll send you Synergy today...

Tolkin : Thanks for all your good words... Synergy tooks me many hour of "hard" coding... All you have to know is that i quit the cpc scene since 1995 so it was not esay to me to make a good comeback and i'm so happy to see your good comments about that... Have you ear the song on a real Cpc+ ? Did you love it ?

Prodatron : Thanks for your comments... It's very important to me to know people like you (all of you!) like my work...
    To answer your question, yes, the balls are all hardware sprites.. Concerning the wobblingbars, it's still hardware sprite, using 1 hardware sprite line, and the same technics as the split line to line...
    This computer is really fantastic... Many and many things are possible...
    Concerning the sound, yes, i use Dma Sound to make this crazy Sid Sound, for the first time, on Cpc+... Please try this demo on a real Cpc+ and i think you'll be really surprised about this song...

In a last post, you tell me about line splitting effets... Can you tell me where i can find them ? to see it, of course...

That's all for today ! Have a good fun !

AsT / Impact.

• Thanks for the DSK!
    Is is an Amiga????.....
    .......Is it an Atari ST????.......
    ..............Is it a MS-Dos PC with VGA????.......

No.
    It is our good old CPC :P

Really great stuff! I enjoyed it. It is really amazing what you are able to realize on a simply 8-Bit machine.

Cheers, Markus

• Thanks a lot Markus... I'm very happy to read that you love it...

Thanks for your encouragements... & wait for Synergy Part 2...

AsT / Impact.

• Zitat von "AsT"

In a last post, you tell me about line splitting effets... Can you tell me where i can find them ? to see it, of course...

I mean the line splitting with full-vram-adressing, which you use for the big image! :)

CU,
    Prodatron

• Zitat von "AsT"

Please try this demo on a real Cpc+ and i think you'll be really surprised about this song...

Really very cool idea to use the DMA for making SID-like waveforms! It should be like the small so-called "Chip-Sound" Amiga-MOD files, is it?
    But here I can also imagine, that Richard could have some timing-problems with the DMA, as replaying such very short samples in an exact way could be difficult... But I don't know...?
    Yes, I have to hear it on a real CPC+! Or maybe someone can already make a MP3?? :P

CU,
    Prodatron

• Hy, today i tried the Winape 2.0 apha13 and the demo wont run correct... (Its only an Emu #hahaha# ;)
    But i just want to say, that the sound is about 100 Miles better than on the Emu. Only sometimes there are frequencies which sounds like very little Bells which seem to interrupt the normal tune... Is this correct?
    I like the tune and i like the Sid-like waveforms and the "brummel"-Bass.

PingPing Pingeling...
    Tolkin

Wie man in den Wald hineinschreit...

• Zitat von "Prodatron"

Really very cool idea to use the DMA for making SID-like waveforms! It should be like the small so-called "Chip-Sound" Amiga-MOD files, is it?
    But here I can also imagine, that Richard could have some timing-problems with the DMA, as replaying such very short samples in an exact way could be difficult... But I don't know...?
    Yes, I have to hear it on a real CPC+! Or maybe someone can already make a MP3?? :P

CU,
    Prodatron

It's really the only way using Dma for SiD emulation without using many machine time... ;)

I think you're right when you told about timing problems with the Dma... I hope he can modify that for a better way....

You can ear the music at Kangaroo's home... He has got a Cpc+ ! So try it et ear it really !

Tolkin : Happy to know that you can ear this piece of music... I work hardly and hardly to make it better, each day.... (1 mounth of hard coding to find a correct way!)
    As you write, the sound is 100 Miles better than on Emu... It's normal, coz Emu is Emu!

AsT / Impact.