SAM-AZING 2024 in Leicester UK on 18th May

• Gestern kam eine Mail zu einem SAM-Coupe -Treffen in England:

"Hi all,

It's been quiet here for a very long time, but there is a meet-up happening soon, on 18th May in Leicester. This is the Facebook-post: https://www.facebook.com/group…malink/10161121441942964/. I know some of you are not on Facebook, so this is a public service. The announcement follows verbatim below.

Regards,
    -Frode

REMINDER: ONE MONTH TO GO* UNTIL THE COMPUTING EVENT OF THE YEAR - SAM-AZING 2024 (better title still not been suggested).

*True at time of writing, but due to various distractions, it's now one day less. Anyway, the point still stands - get your train tickets booked, pump up your bike tyres, ask your mum for a lift, stop worrying about the League One play off final - it won't happen.
    A reminder of all the details below. Get it booked in - it'd be great to see the thriving SAM community in its full glory. We were probably never thriving, but relatively speaking....

Date: Saturday 18th May 2024
    Time: 12:30pm to 5:30pm
    Entry fee: £8.50

There'll be drinks at the nearby Willow pub afterwards and then no doubt some people will find a curry before catching their trains home. Plenty of parking on site for those driving.

Andy and Dean have kindly agreed we can use their fabulous venue for this event, so the only cost is the standard entry fee for those to pay on the day when they arrive. They have no less than 3 SAMs, so there'll be plenty on show. I may have to think up a tournament or two....

I think there'll be space if anyone does want to bring anything to set up and show off, but just remember a few more SAM Coupé machines and there'll be more value there (according to eBay) than in the Bank of England vaults.

And finally, try and remember it's been decades since we last saw each other, and some of us have bad memories, so make sure you know your speech "Hello, I'm Ian Doodar, writer of Ball Attack and Planet of the Crisps".

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

------------------------------