Vorstellung Schneider Laptop Target <PC7640>

• Good Morning

DmiA

AI

AI Electronics Corp. (Japan)
    Established in 1962, Ai Electronics was one of the earliest computer manufacturers in Japan. It specialized in minicomputers and microcomputers for scientific…
    classictech.wordpress.com

Schneider Target?

• Yes, I saw it, but unfortunately this setup did not help.

Every time I run it, I get a memory size error, regardless of the settings I made earlier.

Although he remembers the settings and displays correctly.

I tried all the options for memory settings but nothing changes.

The rest of the settings are fine.

Also every time I turn it on I get the message "System options are not set, run SETUP"

Although I have already configured everything that is possible.

• DmiA : Habe you checked the bios-battery? Some old computers (mostly 286's ERA) act strange if the battery is in low health.

Viele Grüße,

Knut

:cat2:

• Probably, I still got a little excited about the amount of memory, having found the documentation for the chips, I found out that there is not even a megabyte there.

However, the question remains why every time it restarts it says that "System options are not set, run SETUP"

• Hm, you changed the 3.6V with a CR2032 wich has 3V. Normaly it should work. But maybe your Laptop "thinks" it's not sufficiant!?

Are the traces Form the battery OK?

Viele Grüße,

Knut

:cat2:

• I checked the entire board - no corrosion, there were some oxides on the contacts - I cleaned everything.

The photo is just an unfortunate play of light.

As for the battery - the clock is running correctly and all BIOS settings are saved, but this message continues to appear.

• In the end, I defeated this problem with the BIOS, using a utility that allows you to edit the CMOS manually. From which I can conclude that this computer still needs its own configuration program, from the Rein-Elektronik 420 SLC and Schneider PC7640 they are not quite suitable.

However, I have a feeling that the memory should still be 640KB

• Happy New Year everyone!

I continued my investigation about memory and found out that on all such laptops 4x32 + 4x128 + 4x32 RAM chips are soldered on motherboard. Which gives a total of 640KB of memory and 128KB for system ROM. And my PC-16 shows only 512.

I took the pinout of the chips, checked the power on them and poked the oscilloscope into the RAS/CAS inputs of each chip.

This picture is on the first 8 chips

This picture is on the remaining 4, they are together just 128KB in size.

What will be the thoughts?

There is also a wiring diagram from Schneider, but I can’t figure it out yet.

PC7640_SM_SCHNEIDER_EN_DE.pdf

• Was muss ich tun (abschrauben), um an die Festplatte und das Stellrad zu gelangen? Hintergrund ist, dass die Spenderin eines Target gerne noch Daten von ihrem Rechner auf USB Stick kopieren möchte, der Rechner aber nicht mehr von Festplatte startet.

Nach der Lektüre der vorigen Beiträge vermute ich, dass die Platte klebt oder im Setup (leere Batterie) falsch eingestellt ist. Kann ich das Setup am Rechner durch Drücken einer Taste starten oder brauche ich das oben von fuz erwähnte Programm?

Der Plan ist, die Daten (wenn der Rechner wieder läuft) auf Diskette(n) zu kopieren und dann mit einem externen USB-Laufwerk auf einem modernen Rechner einzulesen und auf dem USB-Stick zu speichern. Lohn der Mühe: der Target geht als Spende an den Verein.

• Soweit ich mich nach fast 3 Jahren erinnere, musst du nur den Gehäusedeckel abnehmen und hast freie Sicht auf die Platte. Diese ist zusammen mit dem Diskettenlaufwerk an einen Rahmen geschraubt, der sich am Stück entnehmen lässt.

Um ins Setup zu kommen kannst du MS-DOS 3.3 von Diskette booten (720 KB) und das spezielle Schneider-Programm SETUP.EXE aus dem Verzeichnis DOS33A aufrufen.

Sammle Computer, Tisch- und Taschenrechner bis ca. 1990, CPUs, Speicher, Speichermedien aller Art und suche u. a. EPROM C1701, Intel C4040 CPU, i487SX-CPU, IBM CGA-Karte, Netzteil für IBM 5155, Video Seven FastWrite und V-RAM ISA-VGA-Karte, Texas Instruments Notebook TravelMate 3000, Citizen W1D 3,5"-Disklaufwerk, MiniSD- und eMMC-Karten, Magnetblasenspeicher, Bänder (3/4"/1"/AIT/Mammoth/Travan/VXA) und Medien (2" LT-1, Apple Twiggy-Disk 5,25", Bernoulli Box II, HiFD, Jaz, Quest, SQ100-400)

• Auch wenn es nicht die Frage ist, ich hatte bei meinem Gerät auch Probleme mit der Festplatte. Die lief an, schalte aber kurz darauf wider ab. Der Grund war, das die Leseköpfe sich wegen verharztem Fet nur noch schwer bewegten. Nach dem ich die mechanik mehrfach am Rad bewegt hatte funktioniert die Platte wider.