SuperSoft HRx - Versuch eines Neubaus

• Contents of the EPROM are good -sadly with these old computers surface corrosion and socket "memory" are very common as you know. Back in the day it where everything was much fresher I guess these connectivity issues were not so frequent. Now everything has surface oxidation on it and the connections in IC sockets are not that great.

Andy

• I tested it a little bit further now:

No interferences whatsoever!

Only with drawing (SL, DL) I get the weird dots and lines…

The more I loop one and the same line, the worse it gets, till it looks like that:

• Funny though - put the HR-40B in the same PET as the HSG board … with the motherboard link disabled (J1 I think) to the HSG board the HR-40B board will initialise fine. If the HSG switch is set to display the PET screen only, it works, if it the switch is in the middle the screen just blanks.

why would you do that a lot would say …. well … why not.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von AndyG ()

• It seems using basic is fine but fast machine code isn’t. Have you checked all of you 74LS chips ?

I have now tried the replica board in 3 different motherboards and it works provided all surface oxidation has been removed.

• It seems using basic is fine but fast machine code isn’t. Have you checked all of you 74LS chips ?

I have now tried the replica board in 3 different motherboards and it works provided all surface oxidation has been removed.

Hi Andy,

sorry for my late reply- haven't tested yet, due to lack of 74LS chips. :(

Richi and me are planning the next session together, so it shouldn't take too long.

In that case I don't think oxidation could be the fault, right?

Two boards -> exact same problem / basic poke works just fine

Best regards,

Matthias

• So Richi has the same problem - I thought his board worked fine or have you built up two boards with the same IC components ?

• Yeah, my HR40b is working fine! I think he means the (still not working HR40) and the HR40b? I think he still is working on a HR80, so a lot of things to do :D

BTW: I just used about 50% of LS components. Mixed with S and HCT and it works fine.

• HR40 in 3032 is working fine!

HR40b still has issues with dots and small lines, no LS IC swap, because no other parts.

I have to drive to Richi and swap all the ICs till it runs. ;)

HR80 not tested yet. :)

• Ok, I have written a machine code program that reads the bits from the image on the Supersoft board and creates the high res plotting characters needed for the 8023p. These are saved in memory right now so I can test the accuracy of the output using a basic program to read each byte and output it to the printer etc.

I need to merge the basic program into the machine code routine but below is what it printed for the hat.

I think I can print direct from machine code but need to test.

• It should be but will do the 8023p first and the the 4022

4022 is missing one needle compared to 8023P/MPP1361, if I remember correctly.

That's the reason why CBM HSG with 4022 has to be adapted "manually" via software.

Think I have got an integrated print for the 8023p … Will test bit more and post here for you to try.

Then I can adjust how the matrix of special characters is built and the way it is printed….. the time spent has been on taking the image and creating custom characters and writing machine code to output to the printer.

• Attached are prints from the supersoft board using my machine code routine … have figured out how to break down the analysis of the hr images into 7x6 sections for the special characters in the 4022 and actually the 8023p has the same feature … will modify the code now for that mode of operation and see how well it works.

• Success got the 4022 to print hi res graphics from the Supersoft board .. but of cleaning up logic needed as 7 doesn't go into 200 evenly so it has some errant characters at the bottom of the page. The code ignores spaces to improve printing speeds.

• Will post shortly... just want to can up the logic on printing the last line ... just need to set the first 4 bits to zero as remaining 3 will be from the HR board... i