SuperSoft HRx - Versuch eines Neubaus

• Where is that from? I checked my Pics of the original card and cannot find sich a bodge

It's from the pictures of the HR80 card. ;)

Thanks again guys for helping like crazy here! :)

At least both universal boards like the char EPROM. :D

The cable to the CRTC should be ok, I measured every single wire point to point.

Clearing the screen is ok, too. But drawing always results in dots + small horizontal lines in addition to the line to be drawn.

• Where is that from? I checked my Pics of the original card and cannot find sich a bodge

From Mike Naberezny Flickr page - I never added that to the HR80 replica....not sure why it's there...

What bothers me is your startup screen when enabling the HR board is very different to mine. That is down to the RAM chips I am sure but all my boards shown the vertical fat lines and random dots between. Yous just shows a few dots which is very different. As if the RAM chips are initialising differently.

• Do me a favour, clear the board RAM by sys 59650,C. then

10 for I=36864 to 36870

20 poke I,0

30 next I

drop to the TIM

sys 1024

.m 9000 9200

check if the ram is 00 and FF or are there any other variations in the RAM contents...

Checking to see if this is real in RAM or interference

• AndyG

I think that worked like it's supposed to be:

The program draws a small horizontal line on the top left corner (for that I'm not sure if it's ok), BUT:

M 9000 - 9200 shows all FF's except the first seven (these are 00's).

Is that ok?

• Did you have miscellaneous dots or dashes in that area also ?

The horizontal line is what I would expect

When the screen was being updated was there any interference ... try drawing more to see. The poke is writing directly to memory and watching it update in real time

• My boards have the following changes:

UD2: Pin 10/11 cut, pads on mainboard soldered together (solder side)

UC3: Pin 6 wire to UB1 pin 3 (and leg on UC3 soldered into mainboard, on UB1 leg NOT soldered into mainboard)

UE6: Pin 8 wire to UB13 pin 21 (leg on UE6 soldered into mainboard, on UB13 leg NOT soldered into mainboard)

Thank you for adding your changes. I reworked my PET (originally these changes were made, but during the 80 column rework of the former owner, this was rebuilt) and the EPROM works now fine!

BUT adding again the HR40b, I can use the sys commands, and I get a response: some snowing very short. I added a short video how it looks.

• Hmm… contact problem?

But hey: Problem with eprom as char rom -> solved.

Commodore did that for sure because of different keyboard layouts.

There was no original MOS ROM for that, I think.

But that doesn‘t solve our HR40b problems. :D

• I have been searching old e-mail conversations as I recalled interference when drawing but nothing permanent on the screen … traced it to poor connections to the expansion port ….

It’s all about checking the 74ls IC’s and the pet expansion connections and crtc chip are clean - with a nice dose of deoxit -gold perhaps

Andy

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von AndyG ()

• After a lot of scratches on my head I can confirm SUCCESS! :betrunken: :betrunken:

After reseat the board without any intermittent sockets and pressing like a honk, it works smoothly! At least what I tested so far!

I would like to thank you all for your help AndyG  CBM_Ba  zitruskeks !

The next thing will be the HR40b and HR80 of CBM_Ba but we will do it! ::heilig::

To sum up:

- Defective or non working ALS00 --> swapped with S00

- Mods on the mainboard needs to be done (this is special to mine, due to the former owner swapped it to a 80 column version, so I had to undo the modifications of him/her) This has also the effect, that the flanky characters are good, no issue with access times of the EPROMs

- The connections of the board are flanky! --> recheck 1000x the correct connections and press like a honk will do the trick!

• Yippeee. I got my board out again photos below. Only issue was getting contact right with the crtc chip as the chip is old and used deoxit etc and bit of patience. Works fine now.

I have even used this board in my version of a multipet which is a hr-40, on a universal MB with 40/80 switching and also a Superpet combo board.

• Great! :betrunken: :betrunken:

contact right with the crtc chip as the chip is old and used deoxit etc and bit of patience. Works fine now.

Same issue here!

For all who install the board: contact is a bitch!  :weinen: After posting my success, I reseated the MB into the PET and guess what: not working... I decided to swap the sockets (still Commodore original shit) to new ones... now it works smooth again!

contact right with the crtc chip as the chip is old and used deoxit etc and bit of patience. Works fine now.

Same issue here!

For all who install the board: contact is a bitch!  :weinen: After posting my success, I reseated the MB into the PET and guess what: not working... I decided to swap the sockets (still Commodore original shit) to new ones... now it works smooth again!

Did you add the patch wires to your MB ?

Same issue here!

Yes! Exactly as CBM_Ba descirbed it here: #236

Same issue here!

Yes! Exactly as CBM_Ba descirbed it here: #236

Did you cut any tracks ?

• No. The only one which is mentioned (in the schematics) is Pin 3 of UC3. Because this was also not done with CBM_Ba MB, I just did the modifications CBM_Ba described.

• That’s interesting as the drawing calls for tracks to be cut … 🤔

• That’s interesting as the drawing calls for tracks to be cut … 🤔

AndyG

I'm wondering why there are universal boards ('80) without that modification?

On my two boards it was done from the factory (you can see that there was never a pin in the hole of the motherboard).

Btw.: The Editor from my card I posted should be ok, right?

Next step to get my card working: Swap ALL 74's and the four 6116's.

I'm 100% sure it's not a contact problem with my boards, since the problem is on both identical.

• Can you post better close up photos of the modifications especially around the crtc chip? On mine pin 3 of uc3 is cut but no links to ub1 or any links to he crtc.. it works fine but not with EPROMs

• AndyG

Since I'm in the office today- my boards have exactly these modifications: